Careers in CIS
Career opportunities for the information systems graduate follow the ever-increasing need for more technology professionals.
- CIS majors will hold the 3 of the top 8 growth jobs over the next 8 years (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- CIS majors will enter careers with strong salaries (careers in information systems and Hot CIS Jobs).
- CIS majors are an integral part of an environment lead by an internationally recognized CIS department that maintains strong relationships with the business community.
- CIS majors have leading edge tools and techniques in their grasp (MSDNAA, Rational Suite Enterprise, IBM products, and Oracle).
CIS offers a long-term career with good pay:
- Payscale.com shows the salary of an IT consultant varies based on years of experience. A new consultant fresh out of college can expect to earn between $48,189 and $60,384, whereas someone with more than 20 years of experience can earn between $83,558 and $120,898.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that, in May of 2008, the average salary of a software publisher was $87,710.
- In March, 2010, Simplyhired.com listed the average salary for a network security specialist at $62,000.
- The Princeton Review's "Guide to College Majors" lists the average salary of a webmaster between $40,000 and $50,000 a year.
- Read more: CIS Jobs & Average Salaries | eHow.com